- IE-PURA provides a salary stipend to ISyE undergraduate students who are conducting research with an ISyE faculty member
- The stipend amount is $1500 in the fall or spring semester.
- Expected work hours is 10 per week during Fall or Spring.
- Both faculty members and students can initiate research projects, but the award proposal must be written by the student, and the student must apply by the established deadline for the semester in which the funds are requested. Funds are competitively awarded by an ISyE committee.
Rules and Eligibility:
- Applicant must be an ISyE undergraduate student with a GPA > 3.0. Exceptions can be made with research advisor approval.
- An ISyE faculty sponsor is required for the proposed research project
- Direct mentorship can be conducted by Post-doc or PhD student
- Students are limited to one salary award per academic year (Fall or Spring)
- Students are not eligible for ISyE-PURA funding if the research project is receiving funding from another source.
- All awarded salary students are required to submit a final report and a poster outlining their research project and experience, and this must be submitted by the last day of finals of the award semester to be published on the ISyE website.
Required Application Materials:
- Award proposal must be written by the student
- IE faculty sponsor GT Email address
Spring 2024 Deadline for complete application (proposal + recommendation letter) is October 20, 2023